The Shien-Ming Wu Foundation established the Manufacturing Leadership Award to promote the importance of manufacturing leadership on both the advancement of the manufacturing industry and the improvement in quality of life.
The Manufacturing Leadership Award recognizes individuals who have successfully demonstrated leadership skills and have made a profound impact on the
manufacturing industry. The award attempts to identify role models for future manufacturing leaders in terms of visionary and strategic thinking, courage, and the ability to build a winning team or organization.
- 1999, Mr.Robert A. Lutz, former Vice Chairman and President of Chrysler Corp.; and current Vice Chairman of product development, General Motors Corporation; Chairman, GM North America
- 2000, Mr. Joseph C. Day, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Freudenberg-NOK
- 2001, Mr. Gary L. Cowger, GM Group Vice President for manufacturing, and President, GM North America
- 2002, Mr. Hiroyuki Yoshino, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- 2003, Mr. Donald L. Runkle, Vice Chairman of Delphi Corporation
- 2004, Mr. Richard Shoemaker, Vice President of United Auto Workers
- 2004, Mr. Fujio Cho, President of Toyota Motors Company
- 2005, Mr. Frank J. Ewasyshyn, Executive Vice President of Daimler Chrysler
- 2006, Mr. Richard E. Dauch, Co-Founder,Chairman and CEO of American Axle & Mfg
- 2007, Mr. James A. McCaslin, President and Chief Operating Officer of Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- 2008, Joseph R. Hinrichs, Group Vice President of Ford Motor Company
- 2008, Dwight D. Carlson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Coherix Inc.
- 2009, Shen Yang, President of SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Company